Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

jaguar xf 2013- how do I lock the car without the alarm for

jaguar xf 2013- how do I lock the car without the alarm for the ferry crossing please ?
NOT in the handbook
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Continue to wait please, as I need to know. Thank you. If I close the question is there a rebate if it is NOT answered ?

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

There's no option to lock the car without enabling the alarm I'm afraid - your dealer can lower the sensitivity of the alarm ( theres no user setting for this) but its cannot be turned off

however I would say that modern car security systems don't tend to be upset by this sort of thing any more

I recently travelled cross channel ferry with a 50 ft swell ( very unpleasent) and the car alarms did not go off on any of the vehicles
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years