Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Jaguar X Type 2003 Automatic and have had a dianostic

I have a Jaguar X Type 2003 Automatic and have had a dianostic test which has come up with a Flight recorder sensor problem. What does this relate too.
Also the Cruise Control activates itself at the most inappropriate times, is this linked to flight recorder.
Dave L
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Dave,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The flight recorder code means that at some point one of the following has happened: The inertia switch has been triggered,throttle body signal has triggered the limp mode,the engine starts but stumble and then shuts off,or engine fail to start,or a engine stall has occurred.This is what causes this code.If the issue was resolved. The code will simply need to be cleared.
As far as the cruise control goes this is likely a speed senor failing that is causing this problem.
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.