Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

,i am thinking of buying a friends ford galaxy tdi 130hp

Customer Question

hi,i am thinking of buying a friends ford galaxy tdi 130hp he says it will need a new clutch soon i find the operation of the clutch very heavy and i have a knackerd left hip,my question is this;if the clutch is replaced will the operation of it be as light as a petrol car say 1.4-1.6 litre?thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

If the clutch is heavy to operate then it sounds like it already worn/pressure plate is..

the clutches are normally fairly light in those and you shouldnt have to excert considerable pressure to depress the clutch - best advice id say is to phone around local reputable garages and ask for quote on the clutch replacement for that car before considering buying it..depending on the year you'll no doubt have a dual mass flywheel..that also need to be taken into consideration on replacing that when the clutch is being replaced depending on the mileage but is should be inspected and checked all the same..I do hope this helps