Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a Fiesta 1.0l EcoBoost reg ln63luj. When I pull to

I have a Fiesta 1.0l EcoBoost reg ln63luj. When I pull to a halt the engine should stop then restart when ready to go, however this is not happening, the engine will not switch off, is this something that I should be concerned about.
Regards ***** *****
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and Iam sorry for the delayed response
Ok I deal with all stop /start issues in my deslership so Iam comfortable with how these systems operate
The stop start system will only work when certain conditions are net is: engine warm /seat belt fastened ,drove above a certain speed and many other factors
These systems have a BMS(Battety Monitoring Sensor ) located on the negative post of the battery
This takes several factors into consideration is temperature /charging rate /distance of charge amongst others
It then carried out a calculation based on these results
This calculation is know as the battery SOC (State Of Charge ) and is received by the BCMii (body control module )
If the SOC is under 72% the stop start won't work it is that simple
In each case I have seen this has been the case
This SOC can be checked in your dealer in a few minutes using the ford ids /datalogger equipment
You will find yours will be under 72%
This does NOT indicate a battety fault or issue but rather a SOC issue
To resolve your issue the battery should be charged fully (for at least 4-5 hours on a slow deep charge ) while still connected so the BMS can see the charge
The the SOC should be rechecked after this and it is normally around 95% and the system operates as it should
I haven't had any vehicles return after doing this
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian