Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

i have a Honda Accord 2004 2 litres. When i rev after

Dear Sir
i have a Honda Accord 2004 2 litres. When i rev after changing to 2nd gear, the is very little
speed so i have to change to 3rd gear especially when going up a hill. The Honda has 5 gears.I dont speed at all but there is loss of acceleration in the 2nd gear, yet there is gear oil in the gear compartment. Can you please tell me what the matter is or what i am doing wrong or what i have done wrong and what can be done to correct this fault?
Thankyou Sir
Freddie-Mills
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi.there..

I asume this will be a manual transmission?

Any leaks from under the car at all? considering you mention filling the gearbox?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Sir

There are no leaks from under car, the oil is at the required level.What else do you think is wrong?

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Ok..from what you describe i dont think the gearbox is at fault - but more with the clutch itself could be slipping especially so when under load going up hill - of the revs dont match the speed of the car ie: revs are way higher - but no power to the road - if thats the case then a new clutch assembly needs to be fitted -