Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have and LDV Maxus tipper, I keeps going to its limp home

Customer Question

I have and LDV Maxus tipper, I keeps going to its limp home mode, my mechanich has put a computer test and it says EGR fault ,but he is not 100% sure. It has got so bad now that you cant get into second gear the engine dies and stops. I don't want to spend £170 on the valve if that is not the fault, can you help ME!!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

well 1st check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, only if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

Also check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly