Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

i have 2002 citroen xsara picasso i need to do some welding

Customer Question

i have 2002 citroen xsara picasso i need to do some welding on my car iam useing a migwelder when battery disconeted will it need to be re programed with it been eletronik thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Ross :

There will be no need to carry out any programming after the battery has been disconnected. The control units on the car have "non volatile memory" which means they can hold programming data regardless of battery power. Disconnecting the battery is the correct thing to do as leaving the battery connected during welding can cause serious damage to the control units.