Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

, I have a 2006 Range Rover sport which has a battery drain

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 Range Rover sport which has a battery drain problem if we don't use the car for 2 days the battery is flat and needs a jump start once jumped all is ok. We have had a brand new land rover battery and alternator fitted but the problem still persists. Any ideas please
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im sorry to see you have had a wait..

Im happy to help.

Before we progress - can you please confirm that you are 100 % confident it has the correct amperage battery fitted -?

Too - has the new battery been tested to be sure its ok - AND - has the charge system been tested -- what is the charge rate going into the battery - engine running?

Too - has the system been tested for leakage ( parasitic drain ) properly? What readings do you have?

Has this happened after any additional or new electrical equipment has been fitted / used?

Rgds, MIKE..........................................