Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Good Morning I have a 1980 Bentley T2 108K that is smoking

Customer Question

Good Morning
I have a 1980 Bentley T2 108K that is smoking and running rough.We have changed the valve stemoil seals and checked the compresions however we have not cured the problem.
There is a sensor on the air intake just above the carburettors that we can pull out ,but make no change tothe situation.....could it be this sensor ?
Paul
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

I'd suggest pulling a sparrk plug out to see the colour of the deposits so you can judge if the fuel mixture is correct

also check the crankcase pressure relief valve (PCV) these are sprung loaded and are only meant to 'burp' excess pressure every now and then. The exiting gas is piped back to the inlet , however should the valve stick open then the engine tends to suck the air out of the crankcase all the time and this carrys oil over with it.

If you remove the air intake pipe and look inside where the crankcase breather is plumbed in you may find evidence of oil.

If you do find oil replace the valve.