Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Lexus rx 350 has constant "beep" from rear how do I stop i

Lexus rx 350 has constant "beep" from rear how do I stop it
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** happy to help ..

Can I just ask - are you sure you have disconnected/ removed all power etc to the rear sensors fir sure??

Is the beep - a normal sound of a reverse sensor beep?

Rgds, MIKE.........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes all connections to rear sensors disconnected from control box inside boot area including power connection and fuse. The beep is a constant high pitch sound, has happened before when a bike was placed in boot lasted a fortnight changed to intermittent sound then stopped. Latest beep started when hitching up trailer approx 3 weeks ago
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again -

Thank you for the info there - that is enlightening.

I would say from what you have said there that the beep is actually coming from a faulty trailer relay.

You know when a trailer or caravan / trailer board etc is connected up - you get a beep on the use of the indicators.. when its not got a plug connected to the towing socket, there should be no been in normal use. It sounds as though the problem is there - either you have damaged wiring or a faulty relay on that circuit.

I would start then by checking the actual plug / socket inside - they are somewhat notorious for going gammy inside and causing an array of odd issues.. then check the wring carefully right through for any damage that will cause a short and cause this... Obviously fix what you find but if you dont find anything, replace the towing relay for a new one and that should sort this issue for you then.

Let me know how you get on - or if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.