Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My xzara 04 reg as been fitted with Landsail tyres they are

My xzara 04 reg as been fitted with Landsail tyres they are much to solid. I think the original tyres where Michelin pilot primacy which are much to expensive. Is there a budget tyre similar to the michelin. I just want a quiet SMOOTH ride.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Whats your registration number?

Alloys or Steel rims?

Are psi set correctly on those new tyres?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PK04 GWZ

Steel

PSI CORRECT

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for that..

Ok there arent much budget tyres out there with low DB rating as that primarily what you look for to get less tyre noise - the only ones i can see at the minute that have a low db and of good quaility are the Hankook Kinergy Eco K425 / Maxxis MA-AS - and there basically in the middle region between budget and top end tyres obviously with alot of budget tyres they do tend to have much stiffer ride or higher DB rating...also ensure the tyre you do have on are all season tyres and not just summer tyres as some fitting centres tend to do...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would it be better to pay the higher price for the michelin. Payment for 4 tyres will cost more than the car is worth

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Wouldnt recommend to be honest based on the car itself..id say the best advice is not to go too cheap but at the same time not to go too dear..the best way is buy tyres across the mid range of prices so your getting a better tyre which/within a reasonable price and has much better rating/quailty