Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Timing belt change on a Vauxhall Astra 1.3 cdti 08 plate can't

Customer Question

Timing belt change on a Vauxhall Astra 1.3 cdti 08 plate can't find any crank locking pin, plus any other advise would help
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.The 1.3L cdti engine is fitted with a timing chain rather than a belt. This is fitted for life and will never need replacing unless it is causing problems such as excessive noise. Please let me know if you were looking for help replacing the chain otherwise there will be no need to carry out any servicing to the chain under normal conditions.Thanks. Ross
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi chain has snapped head pressure tested ok valves ok co e to put back together and I cannot find the crank locking pin ??? Any advise will help on this matter
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
The locking pin comes as a complete kit which also includes the tensioner locking tool and camshaft locking tool, the crank locking pin is inserted into the gearbox bell housingThis image shows the location of the locking pin.