Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 1999 Corolla and the passenger window does not

hi I have a 1999 Corolla and the passenger window does not work . New switch fitted but still not working . I have been told that the switch on the drivers side to control passenger window can fail and would stop p/s window operating . Any thoughts ? Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

You'll need establish whether your getting power to the window motor itself..obviously you'll need to get the door card off - to access the motor/regulator itself.unplug it and then see if the switches are providing power to it.you need somesort of test light,to a good ground and test for power at the plug from the motor.if they are then the chances are the window motor is faulty...if all the other power windows work off that drivers switch block then its possible the switch is ok..have you tested to see on the passenger side power is reaching that switch..if not then you need to trace back that wiring/check for breaks at the door hindge wiring loom...I would asume you have double checked fuses etc for the power windows too..should always ensure that fuses are ok..even if the rest of the windows work anyway...but as above before you buy another window switch..check the motor on the door is getting a feed when the switches are operated..