Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a vw polo se 85 bhp 2010 and wondering if i could

Customer Question

i have a vw polo se 85 bhp 2010 and wondering if i could fit somthing to make the windows close automaticly when you lock the car.yours john
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello John

I think it should be possible
below is an extract from the handbook;

When you lock or unlock your car from the driver's or front passenger's side, the side windows can be opened or closed at the same time. Press and hold down the open or close button on the remote control and all the windows (including the electric sunroof) respond. When you release the button the process stops. This also happens if you turn the key to unlock in the door and hold it there. The windows are closed when you turn and hold the key in the close position. Releasing the key stops the process.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was wondering if the windows would close when you lock the car using the remote controle just like it would be total controle

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My car does not do what you said it should it will not send the windows up on key.may be its the the car is for the english market john

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello John

OK some options do have to be configured by the dealer with their diagnostic tool

so if your's isn't repsonding to the remote then the next step is to get in touch with your local dealer

sorry it isn't a more DIY answer but sometimes there's no other option
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i've not that bovered about the window lifters its to much messing about. i'v nothice £20 as just come out of my account?i thourt the first quetion was free?i hope there will not be other withdrals yours sincely john thank for all your hep.

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
No that should be it John