Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Toomuch travel in brake pedal of honda civic 2008 new mode

toomuch travel in brake pedal of honda civic 2008 new model
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.
Has this occurred after any repair or service work or suddenly occurred?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the problem came on gradually . the brakes work. when pumped the pedal raises. there is no loss of brakefluid

not after any repair

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.

Ok, this is usually caused by some air trapped in the system but it's unusual to air get trapped over time, it's usually the result of repair work to the brakes. As it is the simplest thing to check I would recommend bleeding the brakes with fresh fluid first, Otherwise a caliper is the likely suspect, check all of the brake pads are fittet correctly and shims are not missing, this can cause the piston to retract slightly when the pedal is released

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

o k ill have the brakes bled and we will check that all the shims are in place

is there anywhere i can get a diagram of calipers and cylinders for this Honda Civic 2008

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
The best way is to phone your local Honda dealership parts department and ask for a diagram, they should be happy to email or print the diagrams showing the individual components.