Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have iveco daily 2003. am replace the gearbox do i need to

i have iveco daily 2003. am replace the gearbox do i need to take out the thruss bearing first, if so how do i do it
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.
The thrust bearing does not need to be removed prior to the gearbox removal,it is removed once the gearbox is out, it sits on the gearbox input shaft and cannot be accessed until the gearbox has been separated from the engine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how can remove the thrust bearing

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Remove the gearbox, you will then see the bearing on the input shaft and the release bearing fork attached to it, the bearing will pull off the shaft separating from the release fork.