Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

On a W registered 1.4 VW I have just had the passenger back

on a W registered 1.4 VW I have just had the passenger back door lock replaced for MOT purposes now next day I find the passenger front window will not go up and down - sounds like full of broken glass - can the 2 faults be related - if so I feel my garage should put it right
look forwrd to a response
cheryl belcher
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

If they replaced just the back door lock - and now the front passenger window isnt working - then no - it wouldnt be likely that the garage would of had to be anywhere near the front passenger door - if all they did was repair the back door lock/latch and as result cause the window at the front to stop working... from your description id say the problem is likely to be the window regulator mechanisim has developed a fault or something has actually broken/failed or worn not allowing the window to go up or down.. the only way to be fully certain.. is to get the door card off that door and inspect the mechansim itself - but if thats the case being the wondow regulator at fault you will need a replacement one to solve this..I do hope this helps