Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 3 year old Skoda Octavia estate which underwent a

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old Skoda Octavia estate which underwent a 65000 dealer service yesterday. I asked for the brake pads to be looked at as the car is going on a long distance holiday soon although i have not detected any probs with theb brakes and no warnig lights about them have come up on the dashboard.
When I picked the car the exdplanation was that tghe pads are made of such a hard material these days and so much power is applied to the discs that the pads wear away anddistort the brake discs. Is this the truth or is it just a load of dealer bull***t designed to extract yet more money from the customer ? I was told originallthe bill would be about £318 but with txo new quality tyres and VAT the total came to just under £950 !!
Category: Car
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to just answer.
The main stealer is feeding you bullxxxx .
You would get feedback from the brake pedal in the form of a pulsation if they were distorted .
has the work been carried out yet?
regards rob