Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Purchased a Honda crv 2012 petrol auto with 36000 on clock

Purchased a Honda crv 2012 petrol auto with 36000 on clock - It has been dripping oil onto drive since I got it.
took it to a garage, they said problem caused because oil had been overfilled causing engine to pressure up and blow out excess oil .they then found petrol was mixing with the oil and this could account for the overfill.
What would cause petrol to mix with the oil ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there.. apologies for the delay - Do you still require help with this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - I have not received any answer to my question yet - had problem logging on after asking original question ,because system kept stating there was a problem with my email address - now sorted - but money already taken from my account

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there.. I dont deal with the payments sides of the website nor email issues..you would need to consult the customer service side of the website and they will help further with that..

As far as your engine problem goes..in reference to the excess fuel thats getting into the sump will likely be a fuel injector fault/seal - if an injector is leaking or not spraying properly you will get excess fuelling in turn this causes bore wash and thus the fuel will just leak past the pistons rings and down into the sump..and this often can cause petrol to get into the sump and raise the level... so id say from here at least the injectors all 4 would need to be removed and tested to see which ones are leaking fuel or not spraying properly...... I do hope this helps..if you require to ask anything further then please do before you rate