Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have broken my citigo left taillight and have a replacement.

I have broken my citigo left taillight and have a replacement. I know how to remove bro***** *****ght but cannot work out how to remove the wiring. Can you help please.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Sometimes these can be difficult to remove..the small red tab is just a locking tab - you need to get something like a small flat head screwdriver and slide/pri it out the connector..once you dont that then squeeze the tab,on the same side as you slid the red tab out on the main connector/plug body and you should be able to remove it..if you can gently use the flat head screwdriver,whilst squeezing the tab on the main body of the connector to help slide the connector off the lamp assembly - once you replaced the lamp and refitted the connector..then slide the red tab back in and that locks the connector