sean
sean, Technician
Experience:  UK based Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.
31670004

My car failed mot, incorrect headlight image, changed bulb,

Customer Question

Hi, my car failed mot, incorrect headlight image, changed bulb, but can't adjust driver side, loud noise coming from driver side headlight it's a ford fiesta studio 55 reg.
Category: Car
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm sorry you haven't had an answer sooner, I hope the following assists you.
This will be due to the adjuster coming adrift inside the light usually due to the plastic link breaking that connects the adjustment motor. If this is the case then a new light is required as the motor and link aren't available as a separate part from the light.
The noise you can hear is the levelling motor operating but as it doesn't adjust due to the breakage it just keeps operating as it won't come to the stop.
I hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Sean.