Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an old Daihatsu rocky which we use in the field we have

I have an old Daihatsu rocky which we use in the field we have horses. it starts really easily but lately its been cutting out after 5 or 10 min but soon starts again and then runs for awhile before cutting out again. it seemed to occur after refuelling but not sure if this has any bearing on the ma
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors ( if fitted some were on a carburettor) and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply. I will have a look at this and get back to you if there is anything more I need to know. Sorry it's taken me so long to look at it have been away.

Thanks Derek