Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My range rover 03 plate 3.0 l diesel vogue has a flat battery

Customer Question

My range rover 03 plate 3.0 l diesel vogue has a flat battery and I can't get in to open the bonnet been told its in shut down the key does not work in the barrel either and there is no security lock passenger side got any ideas other than breaking a tinted window ????
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

A flat battery means you can't get the deadlock or alarm system to release its grip

I'd start by charging the battery if you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hi Simon

do you still need help?