sean
sean, Technician
Experience:  UK based Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.
31670004

Where will I find my fuel pressure regulator on a Ford transit

Where will I find my fuel pressure regulator on a Ford transit connect
Category: Car
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope I can be of assistance.Which engine is fitted? Petrol or diesel? If a diesel is it a TDCi?Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a turbo diesel 1.8 engine

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,is it a TDCi or the TDDi version? The fuel systems are different. If you're not sure have you the chassis number? Or do the injectors have two wires going to each one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The injectors only have the 1 wire, unsure on chasis number but have registration plate?

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, by one wire you mean the pipe and there are no wires to the injector? The registration will be good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The log book says Tran connect lx tdci lwb gy53lzn. We have a fault code of p0251 so we are looking to replace the fuel regulator, but to do so I need to know where to find it, as getting another part typing in the make and model and item required is showing 3 or 4 different looking parts non of which I seem to be able to locate.

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again.This shows as a TDCi engine. The fuel metering valve which regulates pressure is in the rear of the high pressure pump held in by two screws as shown in the image it has an electrical connector to it with two wires.Make sure the fuel filter and low pressure fuel system are good as this code can be caused by a lack of fuel caused by an air leak or partially blocked fuel filter plus a failing injector.Let me know if I can advise further.Best wishes,Sean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Sean, we have changed the filter which we filled with diesel and checked all pipes so by process of elimination and due to cost we are starting with the fuel metering valve,, I presume I can go to any Ford dealers to get one as I do not have a part number, thank you for your help and any part number should you be able to supply it! :)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I need an answerthis evening.
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
The Ford finis number should be(###) ###-####such as http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-DELPHI-FUEL-PUMP-INLET-METERING-VALVE-FORD-TRANSIT-CONNECT-1-8-D-/200982001341?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3AFord&hash=item2ecb75f6bd#vi-ilCompLet me know if I can advise further.Best wishes,Sean.