Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Any advise how to remove "stuck" cylinder liners on 6DK-20

Customer Question

Any advise how to remove "stuck" cylinder liners on 6DK-20 ?. Tried already 5
liners with genuine extractor tool but liners do not move at all.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Nearly 3 weeks passed since I asked the question and still no answer. I have found an answer from another source. Please make sure my payment of £20
is cancelled and money sent back to my account.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'd suggest getting the block hot ( 120 deg C/ 248F) as even though the materials are similar they are not an exact match and the difference in temperature will help with the slightly different expansion rates as the block expands away from the liner if this fails then some careful work with a hacksaw blade to cut down the length of the liner , but not cut all the way through will allow the liner to spring in on itself and then allow the liner to be pulled out by the tool