Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Is this battery ok Picasso 2005 1.6 petrol(Bosch

Is this battery ok for xsara Picasso 2005 1.6 petrol(Bosch Car BatteryS3 Battery 012 3 Year Guarantee). It is 440 ampers and is it ok for this car reg PF05 YKT
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

No 640cca as per was the original battery fitted..but the one you have installed does seem to list for that car/engine and should be fine...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could it have impact on my car if there are less ampers? Can I have problems in future
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi...

CCA - 440amps is the cold crank power so that gives you the amount of power the battery will give on cold start..the higher the number the better starting..but generally higher cca is better for diesels than appossed to petrols in some cases.. the AH is the amp hours so this tells you how many hours you can sit without the battery being charged using the assesories before falling to 10v - but the battery you mention does seem to list for that car aswell as upto 650cca - so entirely optional to maybe source a 640cca instead of what you have..but it wont have impact on the car running performance