Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

Have xr3i convertible 1.816v 1990. opened boot without unlocking

have xr3i convertible 1.816v 1990.
opened boot without unlocking car by mistake which set off alarm drove it yesterday fine then went to take my boy out last night noticed the car clock flashing rapidly now the car only turns over but wont start .
hope you can help
kind regards
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
COLOR=BLUE]Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi Suzanne .

You will have to close all doors and lock then unlock the door with your key .but first open and close the boot just to make sure the light switch is closed .

But id you have the remote lock and unlock the car with the fob ,as long as the light is flashing you are in alarm mode and the engine will not start ,as soon as the flashing light stops then you can start the engine .

Try this then get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi greg

the car is locked at present if I open the boot wont it set of the alarm again as this is what happened before.i drove the car yesterday it was only when I went to take my boy to football last night I noticed the clock light flashing red and the car engine turned over but would not start.

kind regards Suzanne.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Lock then unlock with the key this will disarm the alarm then open the boot and reclose then you should be able to start ,this is if you have only the original factory alarm system and not an aftermarket add on .