Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My wife has a Skoda 1.4tdi. Every so often it just cuts out,

My wife has a Skoda 1.4tdi. Every so often it just cuts out, it restarts ok but it could be dangerous. There are no warning lights, we've used Redx and similar and thought that this had solved the problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Check and clean the throttle body this is known issue for stalling..

This is if when it stalls when the revs are low for example when you decelerate
stop at the lights when the rpm get below 1000rpm ..

Diesel injectors will need testing and fuel injection pump .

Timing belt stretched or jumped a tooth ..

Low engine compression check this by doing a engine compression test should be min 19 to max 33bar if uneven pressure between the cylinders will cause low idle stalling

And very common for your issue is the MAF sensor this is on the air filter box to the throttle body ,make sure that the MAF to the throttle body is no air leaks .

please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Greg,

I'll try cleaning the throttle body & check the MAF sensor.