Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

There i have a ford mondeo estate 2ltr tdci zetec . the

Customer Question

hi there i have a ford mondeo estate 2ltr tdci zetec . the car has an engine imbalance at low revs the hole vibrates and when you up the revs its fine can you help
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok is there a drumming type noise eveident at idle which dissapears at around 1100 rpm Does the full vehicle vibrate or just engine vibration Is there any issue with the feel of the clutch pedal ie: vibrations /does depressing the clutch pedal make any difference Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there's no drumming sound . Yes the full car vibrates but not bad . The clutch pedal feels ok there's no noises

Hi there ,good afternoon to you
Ok from your description of the issue I would suspect a failing dual mass fly wheel
the dual mass flywheel issue (quite common on this engine )
The flywheel Is fitted between the clutch and engine to dampen vibrations from the engine to transmission drive train
There is 2 seperate masses on the dual mass flywheel which can wear or seize due to lack of grease this can cause knocking or vibrations through floor which transmits to the body of the vehicle ie :open rear doors and see if they are vibrating
Sometimes people mistake the vibration for an engine missfire but the vehicle drives perfectly until it sits at idle
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you very much ūüėä

Hi there no worries if you need any further advice in this concern please let me know
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian