Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a peugeot 205 gti running the engine from a citreon

Customer Question

I have a peugeot 205 gti running the engine from a citreon xm 2.0t 8v, the problem ive got is the battery light stays on after inspecting the alternator, noticed there is only one wire going to it this same wire goes to the starter then up to the + on the battery can you tell me what is missing from the alternator as i know there should be some thing else and also can you tell me where they go
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello there should be 1 large wire that runs direct to the battery and a couple of smaller wires that run off to the fusebox and instruments to provde the 'switching' of the alternator over to charging from idling this image should help http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/350mATT/alternator%20wiring_zpsuyrfgwfc.png