Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician

I have a 2011 1.4SXI corsa when the car was in idle it kept

Customer Question

I have a 2011 1.4SXI corsa when the car was in idle it kept jumping and when I was in low gears going up the car seem to Loose power espically going up hills like there no fuel going in we thought it might me dirty fuel so once empty we refuelled the car with expensive fuel and redex. We changed the MDF señor but still the same. The car did improve a little . It seems this only happens when the car warmed up about 1/2 hour driving.we been on the Internet and it said about changing the coil pack. Please can you put me in the right direction
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok from your description I would suspect a fault within the ignition system The 1.4 petrol varoebt is prone to coil pack and plug issues so this would be the first port of call The coil packs can be very temperamental on the corsa and we seem to see a influx of them failing from time to time A non manufactor coil pack is a lot cheaper than the Vauxhall one so I would advise starting with a new set of plugs and a coil pack as they are a very common cause of this type of issue Also something to look out for with this concern would be a loss /drop in the coolant level (coolant may be entering the cylinder when engine has warmed up Check the coolant level for any signs of low level If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian