Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Coolerrant keeps. Loosening water no visible leeks only looses

coolerrant keeps. Loosening water no visible leeks only looses water when engine is running
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok ok what type /model of vehicle do you have and what engine is fitted to it is 1.4petrol etcWhat is the year / mileage of your vehicle At what rate are you losing coolant ie topping up everyday (is bottle completely empty )Is there any white smoke from the exhaust Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model E200 Blue efficiency

1.8 petrol

Year 2010

Mileage 49,100

Bottle not empty

No smoke

Topping up after journey of 50 miles

Hi there thanks
Ok if you are losing coolant and there are no visual leaks eveident in the engine bay /underneath vehicle
And there is no dampness /coolant leaks in the front footwells (from the heater matrix )
Then the only other place the coolant can go is inside the engine either by means of an EGR cooler leak or a internal coolant leak into the cylinders
The next step would be to have a coolant pressure test done
This includes pressurising the coolant system to 25-30psi using a coolant presdure test kit
Then leaving it connected for 20-30 minutes and monitor the pressure to see if it starts dropping
I always remove the spark plugs and inspect the cylinders for any possible dripping of coolant which would indicate a head gasket /cylinder head issue
This test is the best way to source your leak and must be done before going any further as if no visual coolant leak is obvious we must look further ie: U.S. The coolant leaking into the bores
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian