Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Fabia 1.4 TDI estate - Engine EPC light on intermittantly -

Customer Question

Fabia 1.4 TDI estate - Engine EPC light on intermittantly - what fault is being identified
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok is this an EAC fail you have present in your vehicle combind with a lack of power Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response, illumination of the electronic power control according to the owners hand book suggests a fault in the EPC
system or in the exhaust system can you expand on this vague diagnostic statement. Engine
performance appears to be normal.
best wishes Peter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing more to add at this point hope the above helps
Hi there peter ,good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok the EPC (Electronic Power Control ) light has quite a wide spectrum of causes
As yours is an intermitent concern with no driveability issues I would susoect a possible brake switch fault
There is two switches on the brake pedal one for the lights and one for the ABS system
If there is a mismatch in the signal from this switch the EOC light can illuminate
Most commonly when this light appears the vehicle commonly loses power and the light stays illuminated
As you have no power loss I would advise having a diagnostic fault code check done in the vehicles ecu to clarify exactly what code is logged as the spectrum for fault codes causing this is quite wide
This must be the first port of call in correctly diagnosising this issue
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Peter please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THanks I am now a lot wiser - that deserves another star - Peter D
Hi peter thanks
No worries
If you need any future advice or technical assistance with your vehicle please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian