Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have an R8. It is 7 years old but has only done 35500 miles.

Customer Question

I have an R8. It is 7 years old but has only done 35500 miles. I have cared for it as you would expect having paid so much. Recently it has had several problems which i would not have expected-certainly not parts subject to wear and tear:
fuel tank sensor needed replacing last year
now oil pipes corroded and needed replacing (Audi are paying for that-it is a common problem apparently)
oil sensor failed
driver seat lumbar support needs replacing (I am 12 stone)
Someone has suggested that i might be covered by European Sale of Goods Act-what do you think?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise ..
Im sorry to hear of your issues with your R8.. I sympathise and agree with you that you would not expect such issues.. but Im afraid we do hear of them arising as you have had. The question is now the best way forward.
You have done the right thing in contacting Audi UK.. Im a little surprised to hear that they treated you so badly - in our experience, they are usually very helpful. In view of this , I would re contact them - directing your communique to someone other... and see how you get on there. Sometimes it can be the individual that is, shall we say, due a career change! So it is worth trying that - Im sure you will get more success..
Too - it would be worth asking at another dealer.. you dont have to stick with one.. and often, if another dealer sees you . they are usually keen to gain you as a customer and help you all the way - I would suggest that as a way forward also..
As to the Euro Sales of Goods Act.. I honestly can't direct you on that - you would perhaps need legal advice on that - something Im not allowed to give - but what I can say is, IF you do not get satisfactory progress doing as I have suggested above - then contact your local TSO - Trading Standards Office.. they are always very helpful and will help you with this - Garages do not like them involved... so you get the idea!
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-- Please do do the rating for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.