Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

My Dad has 2001 YRV, I noticed yesterday that on a full left

My Dad has 2001 YRV, I noticed yesterday that on a full left lock turn there is a grating noise coming from the front nearside wheel area. I don't know how long this has been happening as my Dad has "selective" hearing and said that he could not hear it.
Thanks in advance for any advice that you give.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
With this issue - such a noise would indicate metal to metal contact - this can be out of place components such as the back plate to the brake disc..or something that has dropped out of place - it can be a broken anti roll bar or link - or stabiliser rod and so on. Too - it can be excess wear on the actual braking components causing this -
I cant tell you it will definitely be one or the other -it is a case of inspecting the items Ive mentioned to find / trace the fault - but it will be one or the other.
Check also the various suspension components for integrity - such as the road spring / mounts / shock absorber and mounts inc ball joints... Working through as above you should find / cure this.
Just a tip - first thing to do is have someone drive the car slowly on a tight corner - in a car park say while someone watches for anything obvious-- it can even be a loose / out of place mud flap catching the wheel ! Worth a look first before the above ---
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
---- Meantime - Please do click on the Exc / Ok rating for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert