Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My two year old citroen c3 has started juddering when driving

Customer Question

My two year old citroen c3 has started juddering when driving it at between 20 to 50 mph. The fault is intermittent and as far as I can tell only started this morning on the way to work and then did the same on a short journey into the local town. Simon
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Simon and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Given its only just started this this morning I imagine you have not had any checks / tests done as yet.. plus I note you say there are no warning lights / fault messages etc -
The first thing to bear in mind/ consider is when was fuel last added-- was it the right type - ie, petrol / diesel? You don't say which engine your C3 has - but putting an amount of the wrong fuel in either will cause this...
If its definitely not that - then again, as to faults , it depends on the engine fitted.. To save you time, ie - if its a petrol engine, most possible faults are a faulty spark plug - sensor, dirty air / fuel filter or , a common fault - ignition coil pack..
If its a diesel model - common faults that will cause this are dirty fuel / air filters - fuel contamination - faulty crank or cam sensor - EGR valve needing cleaning..
Those are the common issues on both types of engine.. Plus petrol engine suffer with this type of fault through damp / water in the engine bay for some reason - having gone through a large puddle for example - and too, they will judder if the fuel filler cap seal is faulty or the cap is loose..
So Ive endeavoured to cover several aspects to save you time..for consideration / checking.
Bear in mind though , unless its found to be something simple as above - then as the car is a 2013 reg it will be under Citroen warranty -and as such , other than basic checks - if nothing is found, they will need to connect the car to a diagnostic computer to check its controlled functions / computers etc to find your fault.. This would be FOC being warranty work too.
So work through as above -one way or the other with that you will get this sorted.
Let me know if I can help anymore at all or if there is anything Ive missed or you need something more..
Kind Rgds - MIKE.
.>>>..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...
You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..
Rgds, MIKE.