Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a rover25 2001/2 model and I currently have a problem

I have a rover25 2001/2 model and I currently have a problem with the fob as the battery holder part inside it has detached slightly at one point so it is vert temperamental. I have to open the fob and press the holder to try and reconnect the battery so it will work. Can you tell me how can I fix this. Can I get a replacement fob for the car(as rover is now defunct) or can I get the immobiliser switched off so I can just use the key only. I would appreciate your advice
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
Your BEST way forward with this is to have a new remote supplied.
All remotes have to be programmed to your car - ie - you cant just buy a remote of say Ebay or wherever and expect it work, it wont - not without programming to the car in question.
I will give you a link to a company that can help you - they have an ingenious method to get through this whereby they supply you a new remote and a method to program it - at home..with no garage fees. Its all very quick and simple..
So visit this site as follows - copy / paste this into your browser - make contact with them -and they will sort this out for you -job done.
The web address for you is : http://www.remotekey.co.uk/rover/rover-25/
Kind Rgds - MIKE.
.>>>..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...
You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..
Rgds, MIKE.