Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2500 mecedes turbo 1998 done 280000 miles that keeps

Customer Question

I have a 2500 mecedes turbo 1998 done 280000 miles that keeps surging and wont run smooth. the rev counter varies by 2 thousand revs the whole time. It also emits blue smoke .floor the throtle and theres no holding it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello this soudns like engien oil is being drawn into the intake and its running off that so the first thing I'd check is the crankcase pressure relief valve (PCV) these are sprung loaded and are only meant to 'burp' excess pressure every now and then. The exiting gas is piped back to the inlet , however should the valve stick open then theengine tends to suck the air out of the crankcase all the time and this carrys oil over with it. If you remove the air intake pipe and look inside where the crankcase breather is plumbed in you may find evidence of oil. If you do find oil replace the valve
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hi John

do you still need help ?