Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My front shockers are gone on the front of my Citroen C5 2.0

Customer Question

my front shockers are gone on the front of my Citroen C5 2.0 VTR HDI Auto 138hp.But I have ordered 2 front shockers for a Citroen C5 2.0 VTR HDI Auto 140hp will they still fit ??
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

What your registration number?

Where did you purchase the new shocks from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YA08HJE and bought the shocks from MicksGarage.COM

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Ok..i dont seem to see the shocks as per the website you got them from.. As you'll know you have Hydraulic Hydroactive Suspension so each shock will have its own regulator sphere aswell as hydraulic piping going to the top end of the strut/shock.thats how you know it has that type of suspension system set up - these can be transfered over to the new ones provided they arent faulty the green coloured sphere's i mean.... so its not just ordinary shocks on these cars as you see on standard front suspension variants - If you type in ( citroen 5271K5 or 5271L6 ) into google search you'll see the type of shocks you have.....as long as you inspect the ones that come and compare to the shocks on the car now before even removing anything..then that would be best thing to do,just to be 100% sure you got what you require..But across the C5 (X7) range the shocks appear to look the same across the 138-140 hp - so should fit fine ..but looking at Citreons own parts list it does list standard front shocks for the 140hp aswell as Hydroactive front shocks for both 138 and 140hp models...just double check you havent ordered the standard shocks