Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

I drive a volkswagan polo 1.4 2009 model automatic. The car

I drive a volkswagan polo 1.4 2009 model automatic. The car has developed a fault showing on the on board trip computer transmission to hot with beeping tone. The car was driven this morning at 8am to work with no problems. I went out to use the car at 11am when this fault was showing. The car did not start. I went back after 2hours, this time the car started and drove for 50 yards and the dash start beeping again with the same fault. I reversed the car back to the parking spot and switched off the ignition. I started the car again tried to put into drive gear nothing happened, apart from the fault showing on the dash. No noise was coming of the car while driving earlier in the morning. Can you tell what the fault is roughly
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im glad to help / advise..
Im afraid the car has developed a fault in the drive / transmission the dash shows. But its a basic fault message - the only way forward for you is to have the system checked.
It needs to be plugged on to a garage diagnostic machine.. Most owners dont have the needed equipment for this so Im afraid I have to advise that .
What will happen is , they will plug on and scan the Transmission Ecu ( computer ) for fault codes. It will give out specific fault code/s for the fault that has arisen, whichever fault it is - then it can be attended to.
So Im afraid you need to get it to a VW garage for this - or a local garage - or Auto Specialist that has the test equipment to so as above to get this sorted and fixed for you.
Its not possible at this stage to say exactly what the fault is Im afraid - It can be as simple as low on trans fluid to a complete transmission fail - to a faulty wire / sensor etc.. but thats the way forward for you now on this ..
If you have the likes of AA breakdown cover - they would run these tests for you - and go from there ---
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert