Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have positive air pressure in a V50 1.8 08 petrol gearbox.....Just

Customer Question

I have positive air pressure in a V50 1.8 08 petrol gearbox.....Just carn't see breather must be under battery box shelf...Can you tell me?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello thats correct the rubber breather nipple is located on top of the gearbox where the gear selector cables attach to the gearbox. sounds like yours may be blocked , they're a simple part so just a wiggle / poke though with some stiff wire should clear it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply, but still cannot see it. This Volvo has a rotating post and steel damper gear change mechanism which seems to be attached to the gear box by a steel plate. Think its down to getting a manual.

Dave

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello this image may help http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=1182980&ukey_make=865&ukey_model=11979 shows the breather 'cap' as item 8
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yep got it now......They don't look like that on helicoptersEmbarassed

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help?