Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Where can i find the 5th injector on a 2009 Lexus IS220d p

Customer Question

where can i find the 5th injector on a 2009 Lexus IS220d please?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi shantal, I can wait a bit longer if you think you can find out for me, if you can't find out in the next few days cancel it and I'll have my money back.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello the 5th injector is on cylinder 4 if you look on the fuel rail you'll see that the end cylinder has 2 injectors, its meant to inject extra fuel to help with DPF regeneration so it should only be energised every now and then there is an issue with these getting clogged and so sticking slightly open and weeping fuel so if yuo're getting poor fuel consumption ( should be about 45mpg on average) then look inot getting this injector replaced
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hi

do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi matt, I haven't had chance to look yet, should it be on top of engine with other injectors?

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
yes that correct , same location as the others , just that cylinder 4 has two injectors
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi matt, I have just lifted the engine cover and there are only 4 injectors on top of engine, I have followed the fuel pipes but still can't see it, could you provide any more information please

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

this image should help

the 5th injector is item###-##-####
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hi

do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi matt, I'm still struggling I have found a parts schematic on line and the 5th injector is on the far end of the block, not on top with the others, and is really hard to get at. I afraid it might be a trip to dealers unless you have any ideas?

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello I think that there may be a recall for these parts so its well worth getting in touch with your dealer to see if your're eligible for some free repair work