Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My heater/blower fan is only working on 4, how do I get to

My heater/blower fan is only working on 4, how do I get to the cause ? Is it the resistor
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok the fault lies with the heater resistor The heater resistor sends a variable earth to the blower motor on speeds 1,2&3 at speed 4 it is constant earth(full speed ) this this resistor is not needed to vary the speed To resolve the issue you need to have the heater resistor replaced If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Any idea of the location of the offending piece.Im relatively good at most repairs.

Hi there the Picasso resistor location is screwed into the blower motor
On the passengers side of the heater box s d can be tight and tricky if you haven't done one
The full blower motor needs to be removed to replace the resistor
Regards ***** *****
Brian