Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a citroen c4 picasso v t r x 97 model light on dash

Customer Question

i have a citroen c4 picasso v t r x 97 model light on dash reads de pollution system failier what is it and is it ok to use it
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

In regards ***** ***** depollution system fail fualt this can in some cases be a related to either a fualt with the air intake system, fuel injection system / ignition system / emission,catalyst system fault "most common" ie:- cat converter,oxygen sensor fault / - However because the above message/fault warning can cover quite a varied area of possible faults usually within the fields above - Without replacing parts/items through guess work and added expense in the hope the fualt fixes itself - It would most definalty need to be hooked upto a suitable diagnostic machine to determine what and where the actual fault is and check to make sure the fualt isn't elsewhere rather than above and then investigate further based on the results "fault codes" that it actually highlights or shows up - very often this will only be the way forward in such cases with these warning messages - So long as the cars seem to run ok....then it should be fine to use for nessesary journeys - but normally the best advice or option in this case would be to have the car diagnosed first which any garage would most likly do - either by any good local garage/or mobile diagnostic technician and then take it from there based on whats found during the test...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry but i thought i was going to get some idea but i could have got this from the hand book it also tells you in the car instrament panel to take it a garage i was hoping to save myself money

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..

Disagree with that..you can't get that info above in a handbook..the handbook will only tell you to visit a dealer.... Do you have code reader? because thats the only way you'll know whats at fault and plus i dont know your level of automotive knowledge to fix this..no point in me telling you what what procedures to go through if you dont have the tools to do it..any garage will tell you that..just looking at the engine wont tell you unless there's something obvious in front of you - You can save yourself money..and thats above in the answer..get it on diagnostic machine and see what the codes are - Not saving yourself money is just throwing parts at it in the the hope you fix it..and i didnt tell you that above....I know somepeople dont like to hear the facts nowadays with vehicle repairs and the steps you need to take..but thats just the way it is..