Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a citroen C3 purchased as new in 2007with 48,000 miles

Customer Question

I have a citroen C3 purchased as new in 2007with 48,000 miles on it, all done by me and I noticed a pool under the back of the car this morning, but I put the car in the garage and just looked at it, and there is no further pool. Just in case there is a leak in the rear oil seal, how much am I looking at in general for a repair
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm assuming that the pool of liquid was engine oil? if so then it could be the rear seal as you say and its also possible that the oil cooler element , mounted on the oil filter has rusted out if its the rear seal then the gearbox will have to come out so its about £10 in parts and unfortunatly a days labour to drop the front subframe and pull the gearbox, and then fit a new seal and put it all back a regular garage will be about £60-80 / hour labour and a dealer about £80-110 / hour an oil cooler is about £60 in parts but only an hours labour to fit, so hopefully its something more along those lines
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hi Maurice

do you still need help?