Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My opel Antara has orange hill desent lights coming on the

My opel Antara has orange hill desent lights coming on the dash and goes into Idel mode.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Before we progress - have you had any tests of any sorts done at all - any fault codes ?
Rgds, MIKE...........................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi mike no just got the faults cleared. It is only when raining it seems to happen worst of all it would be ok when you start of but after a few 100 meters it comes on and jeep is Undriveable. It you can keep the revs up it it would drive relatively ok but as soon as you take your foot of the accelator to change gear it goes into idel mode

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again John -
Thank you for your reply and info there..
When you say you "got the faults cleared" ... were their faults there then at the time? Any chance of knowing what they were? ( I know I asked that but just need to be sure )
Plus - has any work or anything been done on the car of late prior to this happening? or did it just start to happen out of the blue as it were?
Rgds, MIKE....................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi mike it just started happening out of the blue I only bought it 4 months ago just out of warranty unfortunately the fault I got cleared was for dsr is it something to do with soot build up but that light came on after the other issue had started. It was been driven 40 miles a day up until 2 weeks ago now only short trips so that is the reason for that issue

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi john - thank you for that ..Ok - the fault you have should be producing a fault code John - but its important that the correct tool / machine is used when reading the codes - as many will check the engine systems etc - but not the braking - which this is all connected with. We find this a lot with aftermarket / smaller garge equipment and a lot of the time the vehicle owner has to at least have the system scanned by a dealer - then go from there with the repair once it / the cause is indentified - I think you will need to do this John from what you have been saying..It can turn out to be any one of the wheel sensors - but a worn / hub bearing can cause it also - so these things need to be checked.Now - a little known issue as well with these John is wiring problems that cause this - with movement of the vehicle, bad wiring / connections move and cause a fault in the circuit - and pops the light on as the ecu sees the fault - You need to check the connections to the sensors.. right the way back to the fuse box - and ecu / control unit for the Abs systems.. I can tell you I have known owners have to replace all the wiring to do away with connectors in the loom - as the only cure to this issue. I would hope it wont come to that for you John - but as this is an issue where I cant say it will be this / that - Ive gone through all that you need to be checking - starting with a reliable fault code read John.. Working through as above, you should get this sorted. Hopefully without too much time / trouble.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -
This is MIKE who replied / answered your query as above with your Antara.
Im just checking back with you to see if I can help you any more at all.. if there is anything else / more you need on this - Im more than willing to help further if you need...or - if we are done, I do just need you please to click on the OK ratings for me at this point.. Thank you very much.
Kind Rgds, MIKE.