Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

My x type 2 ltr d 2002 se v when started lurche in 2nd and

my x type 2 ltr d 2002 se v when started lurche in 2nd and 3rd limp added arch oil hope to clean jets still same no turbo serviced with local garage 2 months ago what can i do
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Im afraid I need you to clarify exactly what you mean when you say "... limp added arch oil".... ??
Plus - what do you mean when you say.. " arch oil ar6400 d addative..."...??
Too - are you saying the turbo is not working ? If so - has that been tested / do you know for sure its not working? A non working turbo will not cause surging...
rgds, MIKE.........................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The car does not perform as it should as it doesnt accelerate well even with foot on floor. It does hesitate on acceleration and then it does a skippy just as a learner driver! I dont have any confidence that in an emergency it will get me out of trouble. It does low mileage - 2500 a year. Im sure this doesnt help but i feel something else is faulty. There are no management lights on in the dash.Any ideas?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Bernie -
Thank you for your reply -
I need to just ask then in view of that - in a bid to cure this..
What exactly has been checked on the engine - ?
Any parts replaced at all?
What exactly was the additive you used - was it for the fuel / engine?
Have the filters been replaced at all?
Has the fuel pressure been tested?
Last - please give me its FULL reg number so that I can ID exactly the car you have and its systems..
Rgds, MIKE......................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Last service did filters etc. The intercooler hose was replaced as it was split and chucking 'oil/fluid' into the engine bay, was a jag part and done 2 months ago. Not sure about pressure testing on fuel. The Arch additive was for fuel. BJ06JJU is reg 2.0l diesel. I anticipated a need to get a computer linked to it. Thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -
Thank you for that info.
You might need to get it on test equipment yes - but not fault code general garages do. There wont be fault codes if there is not EML - engine light / fault message on the dash.. but what may become necessary is to have fuel pressure test equipment on it.. it does sound like you have a fuel supply issue here -causing the running issues you describe..and without test / pressure test equipment, you have no way of knowing if thats the cause.
What you need to do before that is to check carefully for any rips / tears / spits in any of the inlet air side of the engine - un metered air into the engine will cause these symptoms - so check all for that. Check all hoses / pipes are tight etc too.
If the fuel filter has not been changed in the last 12 months - given the fault you have - replace that. Its worse as you say doing low mileage - sediment settling and clogging will severely restrict the fuel flow.
Check the air filter too - and the tubing for restrictions..
If its still not running right after doing the above another thing you can do / try is - disconnect the Air Flow meter - the wire connector to it.. and re try a drive. If power is restored - then you have a faulty air flow meter and that then needs replacing. ( You could try this first before the above )
If you Still have troubles - there is a known issue that Jaguar have issued a TSB on - that is hesitation at or around 1900 rpm.. If you feel its like that - you need to speak to a local dealer- there is a software update that they need to perform on the car to cure that...
Other than as above- you are then needing to check the fuel pressure as mentioned - and also back pressure tests for restrictions in the exhaust system.
Working through as above should see this sorted for you Bernie.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>> ~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert