Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Can i use bio-diesel in my honda crv as it is or do i have

can i use bio-diesel in my honda crv as it is or do i have to convert it in some way and if i do any idea how much this would cost it's a 2014 model
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Just about all diesel engines built after 2000 are bio compatable .

The worrie before where engines built with injection pumps that where not compatible .

In your case a 2014 is able to use B20 some will say only B5 , check with your Dealership and make sure this will not VOID yopur warranty and some companys will want you to use bio filter ..

Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for the advice but can you tell me what doe's b20 and b5 mean are there different grades of bio-diesel as my plan was to make it myself

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
20% biodiesel, 80% petrodiesel is labeled B20

5% biodiesel, 95% petrodiesel is labeled B5

Blends of 20% biodiesel and lower can be used in diesel equipment with no, or only minor modifications like bio filter

Rgds Greg