Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have 3 12v 14 L motors that all fail to reach peak revs 2200,

Customer Question

I have 3 12v 14 L motors that all fail to reach peak revs 2200, and top out at 1650 revs. I'm assuming it could be a fuel issue, perhaps even some aviation fuel in the supply for the last top up (6,000 L).
All motors were rebuilt less that 150 hours ago, after which they ran fine and to peak revs.
Looking for advice please.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello for something to effect all 3 motors then yes contaminated fuel is a strong possibility, I'd suggest getting the fuel tested for water content and bacteriaif you can let me know your location I'll try and locate a fuel laboratory that can help
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help?