Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I am buying a car from Forces cars direct based in Lincoln

I am buying a car from Forces cars direct based in Lincoln - I am part exchanging my present car - they tell me as they only deal with VW /Audi and Ford I can get a discount off a new car if I take up VW finance for the balance which I do not really want to do - however they then say that on the collection of my car in September I have a 14 day cooling off period for the finance and should contact the finance company and cancel the finance and pay off the balance in cash - is this right advice ??
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
I'd say that the dealership is just trying to force the sale and won't have your best interests at heartas the dealership will be able to offer a better price if you take their finance deal as they assume they will make money off that instead form the car sale so what they say is true but slightly shady practiceI'd look into other loan finance agreements 1st and check the small print about cooling off periods etc I'd also suggest calling round other dealers to see if you can beat their price and they play the dealers off against each other